Newspaper Digitization Project Planning Resources
Planning your project
The following resources can help as well:
Let us manage the learning curves and process of digitization, vendor negotiations, quality control, uploading the digital files and mapping your existing index records for online search and discovery. Pricing is on a per project basis, so talk to us about your project ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Digitization to Display: How does it work?
- Digitization flowchart
- Microfilm to Megabytes: Making cents of newspaper digitization
- Hit highlighting: what is it?
See our article in the BCLA Browser
More information about the process…
- Digitization Best Practices, 2nd ed. Susan Schreibman (Ed.), Office of Digital Collections and research, University of Maryland, College Park (4 May, 2007)
Large-scale newspaper digitization and OCR
- [Video] Open Source OCR for Large Collections of Scanned Documents. Art Rhyno. Access 2012.
- How Good Can It Get? Analysing and Improving OCR Accuracy in Large Scale Historic Newspaper Digitisation Programs. Rose Holley, Manager – Australian Newspaper Digitisation Program D-Lib Magazine (March/April 2009)
Want to recommend a resource? Contact us